We hope you enjoy our Christmas wine quiz. We love a Christmas quiz and we love testing our wine knowledge and perhaps improving it. So we thought we would put together a few Christmas Wine Quiz questions to challenge you. Good luck.
Click on the button at the bottom for the answers.
- What is the black grape, Zinfandel, known as in Italy?
- How are red wines given their colour?
- Which grape variety is used to make Sancerre?
- Where does the wine Mersault come from and which grape is it made from?
- Is Gewurtztraminer a red grape or a white grape?
- How much wine is in a standard bottle?
- What is the most widely planted grape in the world?
- Who is the Greek god of wine?
- You may be planning to enjoy a glass of champagne on Christmas day but what is the term for a Spanish sparkling wine made with the traditional method?
- He’s famously teetotal, but Donald Trump owns a winery. Which US state is it in?
- What is an appellation?
- On a German wine label what would Trocken mean?
- From which town does port take its name?
- Which wine has the varieties Malmsey and Sercial?
- Which celebrity couple produced an award winning rosé wine?
See how you got on.
I’m currently studying for the Wine and Spirit Education Trust qualifications and I love chatting to the real experts to learn more about wine. If you are interesting in learning more too then take a look at our blog